Department: Asphalt Fiber Division
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Job Purpose: The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
- Promotes/sells/secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Generate and present Lunch & Learns.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Up-sell and sell additional products/services to existing clients.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services; Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the SalesForce automation tool.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Continually learn about new products and improve selling skills.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ year’s sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal with the ability to persuade others, listening, and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with and work well with others in order to manage projects, meetings, meet client needs, etc.
- Embodies strong traits such as decision-making, problem-solving and possessing good judgment.
- Ability to project a calm and professional demeanor regardless of the type of environment (calm or fast paced) or type of clientele.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a high consideration to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Driven and highly self-motivated.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CMD software.
- Strong Asphalt Industry knowledge preferred.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Trustworthy, honest, respectful, and flexible.
- Proficient computer skills and various programs including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license as well as reliable, insured and registered transportation.
- Ability to travel 90% of the time within respective territory
- Home based
Please send résumés or questions to email@example.com
If interested in learning more, please contact us today!